A.P. Giannini’s promotion ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 1:00 p.m. at Abraham Lincoln High School’s auditorium. The ceremony should take approximately two hours.
All 8th grade students are invited to participate in promotion unless they have been advised otherwise by Giannini’s Dean, 8th grade counselor or Principals due to grades, attendance and/or behavior.
The family of each student being promoted will receive two (2) admission tickets to the promotion. There will be a waiting line for additional guests but we encourage families to try to keep additional guests to a minimum as space in Lincoln's auditorium is tight. Tickets will be distributed to students 1 week prior to the promotion ceremony.
There are no caps, gowns or prescribed uniforms in A.P. Giannini’s promotion ceremony. As promotion is a school event, 8th grade students will be expected to dress in school appropriate clothing for the ceremony. As defined in SFUSD’s Student and Family Handbook (page 52), examples of inappropriate clothing include:
• garments where the torso is exposed, i.e., tube tops, half shirts, halters.
• clothing or buttons which show obscene words or pictures, or sexually suggestive statement.
• clothing related to juvenile gang-related activities.
• garments where the entire thigh is exposed, such as micro minis or short shorts.
• bathing suits or cut-offs.
• the wearing and carrying of tobacco promotional items, or the wearing and carrying of items promoting controlled substances (illegal drugs) and/or alcohol,
• sagging pants (where undergarment is exposed).
Lincoln prohibits balloons, flowers and noise makers from being brought into the auditorium. All such items will be need to left in the auditorium lobby.
On the day of promotion, 8th grade students are not to come to A.P. Giannini. Students will meet Giannini staff at 12:15 pm at Lincoln before the ceremony.