STUDENT LIBRARY SATISFACTION SURVEY
STAFF LIBRARY SATISFACTION SURVEY
SFUSD Social Emotional Learning (SEL)/Culture-Climate Survey
Please click on this link to take the District survey:
The district has set a goal to get 80% of parents, students and teachers responding to the district Social Emotional Learning (SEL)/Culture-Climate Survey.
As part of the district work with the new Index and the districts own Strategic Plan and Vision 2025, the indicators around SEL and Culture and Climate reinforce many years of good work around recognizing the important role these factors play in our students’ school experience. They also provide an important avenue for feedback from our families.
You are urged to take the survey so your feedback can be "heard".
CSLA FEBRUARY 2016
EVENTS FOR MONTH OF--
INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S DAY - JUNE 1
|NATIONAL FOSTER CARE MONTH|
|Foster Youth Services - SF|
| RETHINK YOUR DRINK WEEK
| Curriculum from BANPAC
(Bay Area Nutrition & Physical Activity Collaborative)
|Soda Free Summer|
|ipl2||LPL Search on "Memorial Day"|
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (http://www.nbcam.org)
ASTHMA AWARENESS MONTH/ NATIONAL ASTHMA DAY
World Asthma Day - May 3
May is Asthma Awareness Month | Asthma | US Environmental ...
www.epa.gov/asthma/awm/...While May is designated as Asthma Awareness Month. Communities in ...
ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH
| Pacific Link from KQED
||SFPL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
(Asian American Storytelling Movement Theater)
| The National Register of Historic Places
| Links to the Past from the National Park Service
Author David Lubar (Vampire Weenies & other novels) writes:
Litweaver has launched. In briefest terms, think of it as Netflix for your classroom. In longer and better terms, imagine that the man who created the contemporary YA anthology, Don Gallo, helped assemble short stories, poem, essays, and plays from 50 well known authors. Imagine that you could share those stories with your students, make notes, pass out assignments, and access supplemental material. That, in a nutshell, is Litweaver. Please check it out. And please share the link with your colleagues. It is very cool, and very new. http://www.litweaver.com/
Poems Written by Students
Volunteer Library TAs
If you wish to work in the Library on a voluntary basis (before school, lunch or after school), please fill out this form.
6th Grade Library Lesson Assessment
FOLLETT ENLIGHT APP FOR eBOOKS
BACK TO SCHOOL TOOLS
FROM THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. CHECK OUT these online resources as well as Tutor.com and Homework help.
Help your students become better searchers
Web search can be a remarkable tool for students, and a bit of instruction in how to search for academic sources will help your students become critical thinkers and independent learners.
With the materials on this site, you can help your students become skilled searchers- whether they're just starting out with search, or ready for more advanced training.
- YOWHOO.ORG YOWS Website
- HEALTHIER SF - Student, Family, and Community Support Department (SFCSD) is privileged to support San Francisco youth and families, through building school capacity to address student needs, and working to achieve District-wide academic goals. Additionally, through its programs, services and curricula, SFCSD seeks to increase student achievement, and pro-social student behaviors so all students can become high achieving and joyful learners.
- LGTBQ Support (http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/index.php)
|CURRICULUM WEB LINKS|
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER RESOURCES
|AVID - REGION 4
SUPPLEMENTAL WEB LINKS
|COMPUTER ESSENTIALS -- SFUSD||CLASSROOM LEARNING 2.0
AN ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM
|EDUCATOR JOURNALS, PERIODICALS
& BOOKS FROM EBSCO
|PRENTICE HALL LITERATURE
|TEACHERS CURRICULUM INSTITUTE -- History Alive
TCI (Social Studies)
|FOCUS ON -
Decisions for Health
FITNESS FOR LIFE (PE)
SUBJECT MATTER PROJECT
|MATH (Glenco/McGraw Hill)||6th Grade||7th Grade|
Art/History/Literature/Language Arts, ELL English Language Learners, and Foreign Languages
P.E. and Health
ELA RESOURCES 2/15
NEWS ELA https://newsela.com/
• This is the online DK Reader Encyclopedia! Lots of great ELL-friendly nonfiction. It is ALL free!
• News ELA -- articles at different levels. http://newsela.com/
• News in Levels -- this is News ELAs scrappy little brother. Lots of articles here, but not as much of a hassle to use. http://www.newsinlevels.com/#
• For the Teachers - is made for teachers to use with students. All the texts here are high quality and super easy to download. http://www.fortheteachers.org/reading_skills.htm#.VGi5g8lZgXz
• Breaking News English - all of these articles are free and formatted as "printables" for teach-
• Books that Grow is a new digital e-book platform that differentiates for different readers. All
the texts here tend to be literary texts, but they are all high quality. Think of this like an online
library that is delivered to your students' devices. http://www.booksthatgrow.com/
ONLINE TOOLS TO SUPPORT YOUR TEACHING
• Text Compactor - this transforms any text from hard to easier... Like magic.
• Rewordify - is a much more awesome version of text compactor. https://rewordify.com/
• Embedded Reading -- this is a treasure trove of texts that you can manipulate in different
ways. EVEN IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.
• Common Lit -- helps you to think through the questions that relate to your texts. It is also an
EXTENSIVE library of both. http://commonlit.org/
• Announcify - Audio for articles online - http://announcify.com
ACCELERATED READER (AR)
- Renaissance Place (https://hosted87.renlearn.com/279627/)
- SIGN IN: School Loop (district) user name and password
- STUDENTS sign in here for:
- STAR test
- Take a quiz
- View reports
- View quizzes taken
- View goals and points
- TEACHERS sign in here for
- Pretest instructions
- Student information
- AR BookFinder (Reading List) (http://www.arbookfind.com/)- Is a book an AR title?
- To check on book titles with quizzes
|What to Read Next||INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S DIGITAL LIBRARY|
|Mr. Sabato's Super Site- The Best of the Web for Education||CALAXY
Free Tools for
the 21st Century Classroom
(CA K12 High Speed Network)
|Basic Dicitonary of American Sign Language||STAR CST Blueprint|
|Twilight Wiki||Nancy Keane's Children's Literature Page|
|Global Warming -- An Inconvenient Truth||READING LISTS by Genre, Subjects, Read Alikes,etc|
|Free Federal Registry for Educational Excellence||Online Archive of California|
|Japanese American Relocation Digital Arclhives (Calisphere)||CALISPHERE|
|Museum Online Archive of California MOAC||California Digial Library (CDL)|
|WIKIPEDIA FOR SCHOOLS|
What is this?
IRMA PINCE, LIBRARIAN @ HOGWARTS (HARRY POTTER)
HARRY POTTER WIKI (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Irma_Pince)