BRITANNICA ONLINE (http://www.britannica.com)
Help your students become better searchers
Web search can be a remarkable tool for students, and a bit of instruction in how to search for academic sources will help your students become critical thinkers and independent learners.
With the materials on this site, you can help your students become skilled searchers- whether they're just starting out with search, or ready for more advanced training.
CALIFORNIA YOUNG READER MEDAL - WAITING FOR WINNERS + NEW NOMINEES ANNOUNCED
The 2012-2013 CYRM winners are:
INTERMEDIATE: The Giant Slayer
MIDDLE SCHOOL: Out of My Mind
YOUNG ADULT: Matched
NEW NOMINEES - MARCH 2013-2014
Students can start now reading the new nominees. You will have one year to read the new books.
The California Young Reader Medal (CYRM) program encourages recreational reading of popular literature among the young people of our state. Since its inception in 1974, millions of California children have nominated, read, and voted for the winners of the California Young Reader Medal.
Young people suggest the names of favorite books for nomination, or teachers and librarians note repeatedly read or requested titles, and these are submitted to the California Young Reader Medal Committee. Members of the committee read the suggested books, discuss their merits and appeal to children, and then decide upon a well-balanced list of nominees.
Students at Giannini will be able to read the following titles from now until March 21. Then students can vote on their favorite title in each category for which they read the books.
Ms. Lai will provide ballots for the students, compile vote totals, and submit results to the CYRM committee.
All CYRM ballots must be postmarked by April 1 of each year.
For more information, go to the California Young Reader Medal website.
- YOWHOO.ORG YOWS Website
- HEALTHIER SF - Student, Family, and Community Support Department (SFCSD) is privileged to support San Francisco youth and families, through building school capacity to address student needs, and working to achieve District-wide academic goals. Additionally, through its programs, services and curricula, SFCSD seeks to increase student achievement, and pro-social student behaviors so all students can become high achieving and joyful learners.
- LGTBQ Support (http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/index.php)
|What to Read Next|
|Mr. Sabato's Super Site- The Best of the Web for Education|
BACK TO SCHOOL TOOLS
FROM THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. CHECK OUT these online resources as well as Tutor.com and Homework help.
EVENTS FOR MONTH OF--
CELEBRATING DIVERSITY CALENDAR FOR MAY FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS
Various Views of APG Library
|CURRICULUM WEB LINKS|
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER RESOURCES
|AVID - REGION 4
SUPPLEMENTAL WEB LINKS
|COMPUTER ESSENTIALS -- SFUSD||CLASSROOM LEARNING 2.0
AN ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM
|EDUCATOR JOURNALS, PERIODICALS
& BOOKS FROM EBSCO
|PRENTICE HALL LITERATURE
|TEACHERS CURRICULUM INSTITUTE -- History Alive
TCI (Social Studies)
|FOCUS ON -
Decisions for Health
FITNESS FOR LIFE (PE)
SUBJECT MATTER PROJECT
|MATH (Glenco/McGraw Hill)||6th Grade||7th Grade|
Art/History/Literature/Language Arts, ELL English Language Learners, and Foreign Languages
P.E. and Health
ACCELERATED READER (AR)
- Renaissance Place (https://hosted87.renlearn.com/279627/)
- SIGN IN:
- user name: first initial of first name, first 3 letters of last name
- password: last 3 numbers of ID (H0#)
- STUDENTS sign in here for:
- STAR test
- Take a quiz
- View reports
- View quizzes taken
- View goals and points
- TEACHERS sign in here for
- Pretest instructions
- Student information
- SIGN IN:
- AR BookFinder (Reading List) (http://www.arbookfind.com/)- Is a book an AR title?
- To check on book titles with quizzes
|SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC LIBRARY||SAN FRANCISCO CITY OFFICIAL SITE|
|Booklists/Recommended Reading||SFUSD Home Page|
What is this?
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND (http://worldwildlife.org)
No news posted