STAFF LIBRARY INTEREST SURVEY
Please help me make the library a literate, accessible, useful and equitable place for all of our school-faculty and students. The questions below will provide me with information I can use to build the library program and collection development. I would like to know how I can assist you by identifying the topics you will teach involving library research, the book reports you will assign, and your suggestions for recreational and professional reading. Thank you.
STUDENT LIBRARY INTEREST SURVEY
The teacher librarian is interested in meeting your reading & research interests and needs. You can help me by answering some brief questions.
Volunteer Library TAs
If you wish to work in the Library on a voluntary basis (before school, lunch or after school), please fill out this form.
CELEBRATE WHAT'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD
6th Grade Library Lesson Assessment
FOLLETT ENLIGHT APP FOR eBOOKS
BACK TO SCHOOL TOOLS
FROM THE PUBLIC LIBRARY. CHECK OUT these online resources as well as Tutor.com and Homework help.
EVENTS FOR MONTH OF--
Millions go purple on Spirit Day in a stand against bullying and to show their support for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth. Observed annually since 2010, individuals, schools, organizations, corporations, and public figures wear purple, which symbolizes 'spirit' on the rainbow flag.
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO http://www.glaad.org/spiritday
BANNED BOOKS WEEK
- September 21-27, 2014 BANNED BOOKS WEEK (http://www.ala.org/advocacy/banned/bannedbooksweek?gclid=CMn7i-zT9bICFad7QgodjF8AjQ)
- Kidspeak! (http://www.kidspeakonline.org/) Where kids speak up for free speech.
- Harry Potter (http://www.kidspeakonline.org/harry_potter_news.html) Harry Potter Wins His First Censorship Courtroom Battle
- Banned Books on line (http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/banned-books.html)is a special exhibit of books that have been the objects of censorship or censorship attempts. This resource has been put together by the University of Pennsylvania. The books featured here, ranging from Ulysses to Little Red Riding Hood, have been selected from the indexes of The Online Books Page. (See that page for over 20,000 more online books!)
Visuwords.com - shows how every word in the English Language is related to each other.
Help your students become better searchers
Web search can be a remarkable tool for students, and a bit of instruction in how to search for academic sources will help your students become critical thinkers and independent learners.
With the materials on this site, you can help your students become skilled searchers- whether they're just starting out with search, or ready for more advanced training.
- YOWHOO.ORG YOWS Website
- HEALTHIER SF - Student, Family, and Community Support Department (SFCSD) is privileged to support San Francisco youth and families, through building school capacity to address student needs, and working to achieve District-wide academic goals. Additionally, through its programs, services and curricula, SFCSD seeks to increase student achievement, and pro-social student behaviors so all students can become high achieving and joyful learners.
- LGTBQ Support (http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/index.php)
Various Views of APG Library
|CURRICULUM WEB LINKS|
ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER RESOURCES
|AVID - REGION 4
SUPPLEMENTAL WEB LINKS
|COMPUTER ESSENTIALS -- SFUSD||CLASSROOM LEARNING 2.0
AN ONLINE LEARNING PROGRAM
|EDUCATOR JOURNALS, PERIODICALS
& BOOKS FROM EBSCO
|PRENTICE HALL LITERATURE
|TEACHERS CURRICULUM INSTITUTE -- History Alive
TCI (Social Studies)
|FOCUS ON -
Decisions for Health
FITNESS FOR LIFE (PE)
SUBJECT MATTER PROJECT
|MATH (Glenco/McGraw Hill)||6th Grade||7th Grade|
Art/History/Literature/Language Arts, ELL English Language Learners, and Foreign Languages
P.E. and Health
ACCELERATED READER (AR)
- Renaissance Place (https://hosted87.renlearn.com/279627/)
- SIGN IN: School Loop (district) user name and password
- STUDENTS sign in here for:
- STAR test
- Take a quiz
- View reports
- View quizzes taken
- View goals and points
- TEACHERS sign in here for
- Pretest instructions
- Student information
- AR BookFinder (Reading List) (http://www.arbookfind.com/)- Is a book an AR title?
- To check on book titles with quizzes
|What to Read Next||INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN'S DIGITAL LIBRARY|
|Mr. Sabato's Super Site- The Best of the Web for Education||CALAXY
Free Tools for
the 21st Century Classroom
(CA K12 High Speed Network)
|Basic Dicitonary of American Sign Language||STAR CST Blueprint|
|Twilight Wiki||Nancy Keane's Children's Literature Page|
|Global Warming -- An Inconvenient Truth||READING LISTS by Genre, Subjects, Read Alikes,etc|
|Free Federal Registry for Educational Excellence||Online Archive of California|
|Japanese American Relocation Digital Arclhives (Calisphere)||CALISPHERE|
|Museum Online Archive of California MOAC||California Digial Library (CDL)|
|WIKIPEDIA FOR SCHOOLS|
What is this?
WORLD WILDLIFE FUND (http://worldwildlife.org)
IRMA PINCE, LIBRARIAN @ HOGWARTS (HARRY POTTER)
HARRY POTTER WIKI (http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Irma_Pince)
Attached please find the Wednesday Newsletter #10 for October 29, 2014. We have both the English & Chinese versions. Enjoy! Continue
Posted by: Lisa Lim
Today is Patxi's Day for APG! Go to Patxi's on Irving for your pizza and APG will get 10% of the day's proc... Continue
Posted by: Lisa Lim
Please find the Wednesday Newsletter #8 for October 15, 2014 attached. We have both the English and Chinese versions attached.
Please note: the PTA will have its next General Meeting on THURSDAY, OCT. 16t... Continue
Posted by: Lisa Lim