High School Application Info
How to Get an Application
- SFUSD General Application - a copy will be mailed to your address on file. If you do not receive one, pick one up from the Counseling Office. We also have Chinese and Spanish versions available.
- Lowell Application - pick one up from the Counseling Office.
- SOTA Application - Go to SotA's website to complete the online application.
Submit your Application
- SFUSD General Application - due January 13, 2017; submit in-person to Counseling Office at AP Giannini
- SOTA Application - due December 7, 2016; submit in-person to SotA, 555 Portola Drive, SF, CA 94131.
- Lowell Application - due December 16, 2016 with SFUSD General Application and resume completed from ELA class; submit in-person to Counseling Office at AP Giannini to either Mr. Kachiside Madu or Ms. Karen Lai.
Lowell Admission Test
Lowell High School has an early deadline of December 16, 2016.
Lowell test dates are at Lowell High School at 6pm on the following dates.
Students must be on time with an ID.
Wednesday, January 4, 2017: Last name begins with S-Z
Thursday, January 5, 2017: Last name begins with M-R
Friday, January 6, 2017: Last name begins with G-L
Monday, January 9, 2017: Last name begins with A-F
There will be no confirmation letter sent.
Applicants are expected to appear on their assigned date.
Applicants who have an unavoidable conflict with their assigned date may contact the Educational Placement Center to request an alternate date. The office email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must arrive by 6:00 p.m. at Lowell High School, 1101 Eucalyptus Ave, San Francisco, 94132.
Students arriving late will not be permitted to take the test.
The tests will be over by approx. 9:15 p.m.
Asking for Recommendations
You only need a letter of recommendation to apply to School of the Arts. You do not need a letter of recommendation to apply to any other SFUSD high schools.
Tour, Open House, & Shadowing… what's the difference?
You are excused from school for high school tours, open houses, and/or shadowing… so take advantage of it! Make sure to bring a signed note (by parent or guardian) the day before or when you return to school so that we may excuse your absence. You are responsible for work that you miss so talk to your teachers before your shadow date.
Tour: Usually during school hours led by students. A walk through campus with possible visits to classrooms.
Open House: Usually after school hours in a contained area (library, auditorium, gym, etc.) with general information presented and often a question and answer portion.
Shadowing: Attend high school for part of the day following a real life high school student!
For further information on high schools, please see Mr. Jang's High School information for 8th graders on Google Drive.
A lot of information on high schools maybe found on the internet and it is a good look at schools' individual websites listed below.
Asawa San Francisco School Of The Arts (SOTA)
Balboa High School
Burton, Phillip and Sala High School
Galileo High School
Independence High School
International Studies Academy
Jordan, June High School
Lincoln, Abraham High School
Lowell High School
Marshall, Thurgood High School
Mission High School
O'Connell, John High School
S.F. International High School
The Academy of Arts and Sciences - San Francisco
Wallenberg, Raoul High School
Washington, George High School